Friday, November 28, 2008

Victory's Illusion

Many people argue for the sake of their egoes, and nothing else. There is no reward, other than perhaps what these conceited people value most. Maybe its was due to misapprehension, so I, being uneasy about it, tried to clear things up.

One of the most hard-core ways to plough one's way through an argument is with insistence. Lets take an extreme of one of these cases...

A: Why can't you do that assignment?

B: I don't want to do it?

A: But why? ....(blabbers a whole chunk of reasoning why A should do it)

A: So can you do it?

B: (Not listening at all) No, because I don't want to.

As long as one is firm on his stand and what he wants his conclusion to be, without the slight swaying of opinion, what is the point of reasoning with him, considering that that person is deaf to any logic? And what if someone wins an argument, proved everyone else wrong and all? Is that going to do anyone any good?

If argument is not for the sake of hearing each other's views out, but for the sake of winning, its just a waste of time when I could be doing something better like sleeping. (Didn't I mention that before?)

Ridicule, defame, denounce me. Be ceremoniously welcomed to do so if you think it would help. Why should I care about what a certain someone thinks of me?

I would not be the least angered.

Opinions aside. Now that I have finished addressing an issue, lets move on to something else -next post - Cycling Injuries.

No comments: