Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Early Birthday to me!

Just went to play badminton with jk at hougang cc earlier yesterday afternoon.

The people there were not very friendly. When I tried using my mother's PA member card to book courts, the indian counter woman asked if it was my card, and I said no. She told me that I could not use it in an unpleasing tone, resembling a lecture, as I was not the owner of the membership. However, later when she checked the membership, my name was also part of it, so in the end I got that discount.

Jk and I arrived early, and while waiting for our playing time, we went into a small air-conditioned cafe. Seeing that we were 'stoning' at a table, the shop owner asked us if we have ordered our drinks. Having chased us out in one of the best methods, we walked out, but she shouted to us that she never said that she was going to charge us for sitting around the table. Well, but still, although there were not many customers, and there were lots of empty seats, something, judging by the way she talked and her attitude told me that she wanted us out still...

Hougang Cc was one of the first Ccs I have seen to actually have NTUC fairprice in it. There, in its air-conditioned environment, Jk and I spent like 10 minutes deciding on what drink to get. The 1.5 litre drinks were really cheap, but many of the other cheap drinks were not cold. (There would always be something to complain about no matter how good some things are) In the end, I chose a canned drink because it would be colder than the plastic bottle drinks.

---
My whole family went for a combined birthday dinner last friday, with my relatives, to celebrate my youngest brother and my birthday. Got some extra money to save/spend/give, and my aunt gave me two boxes of stuff in it.

Lets see what the first one is...

-Water clock. For 8 years and above. Its a total cheat. Just by looking at the cover, you can tell that with all the electronic displays and a digital clock at the base, it can't be a water clock. What is it then? Its a wet cell battery connected to a real and pre-built digital clock. So why water, the wet-cell batttery...

-Physics workshop. For 8 years and above too. Learn about gravity, force, simple machines...(Don't feel like reading anymore)


A new upgrade to the increasing entropy I have at home.

Cut and ate the cake yesterday night. My youngest brother was crying and utterly disappointed when he found out that we could not bring the cake to the restaurant. Why is that so? Because, according to the person at the phone, there would be cakes at the restaurant. What a rubbishy justification...

21 more days to my birthday. Still have one unwrapped present in my cupboard, awaiting for that day to come...

No comments: