Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Newton explains my week

So far, perhaps it had been quite an eventful week.

Some friends of mine and I went to play tennis yesterday, and today, we went over to someone's house to play games. Joelle brought another board game, which was even more fun than top secret - Cats manshion. I'll hope the games she bring would just get more and more fun. Other than that, we played some cards and sat around the television watching and playing Guitar Hero.

Once I started playing, I was quite reluctant to go home. Afterall, as the first law of fun states:

Every Person in a state of having fun tends to remain in that state of fun unless an external factor is applied to it.

Quite a lot of people went to play tennis and went to kat's house too. As the second law states:

F=ma (F: Fun m: members a: activities)

The relationship between having fun, the amount of activities, and the number of members is F = ma.

Again, there is the last law to be accounted for...

For every relaxation and fun there is an equal and opposite amount of relaxation and fun.

This probably explains script checking.

English: Remember my musical descriptive essay? The marker said that the expressions I used were confusing. Pity... Paper 2 was rather okay though. Although my comprehension section failed me, my summary pulled me up with a surprising score.

Chinese: Paper 2, 52.5/70. This was what I was quite contented with. What about my essay? I really do not know if I should feel sorry and pity, or happiness. I could have got 47/50, but I wrote too many wrong characters, and thus I got minused off 3 marks.

Chemistry: Alright, but many careless mistakes

Trigonometry: Careless...but my marks are good enough for an A.

Geography: This was the worse; again, but perhaps it was the most surprising. I spent half the given time to finish the paper and expected myself to get half the total marks, but i got 34/50. I was too surprised...

Now here comes in the equal and opposite reaction of 'fun'.

We went through the answers in 15 minutes for almost all the papers, and for the rest of the time people just ran up either trying to change their marks or signing their names. What did many of us do? Sign our names, go back to our seat, do nothing.

Maybe towards the end of the geography paper checking it started to get a little better, when some of us formed a group and I finally opened my mouth.

Hopefully sports day tomorrow and the day after would be interesting days.

Speaking about sports, I had quite an experience this morning...

I woke up my latest ever, and reached buona vista station the latest ever, 7:30. Thinking that the buses there would take too long to reach school, I proceeded on to clementi. I reached there, and looked at the digital bus arrival board. Noticing that no buses were coming soon, I decided to set off on foot.

As I ran towards a junction, I wondered if I should go by clementi avenue 2. I did not know if it linked to my school, though I guessed it would. Not wanting to take the risk, I left it behind and proceeded along the "conventional" bus 96 and 183 route to clementi road. As I approached school, I noticed that everyone was assembled. Oh crap, I was late. Or was I not? I realised that people were still walking to the track. I ran, and made it just on time as I caught some attention while running across the field.

Wonderful, an early morning 1.6 km run in completed in 10 minutes...Well, it was a well-taken risk - The bus had not reached when I ran past the bus stop outside my school.

Lalala.

Source: http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/history/newton3laws.html

No comments: