Monday, November 10, 2008

Kickoff to the final week

The weekends have been a usual noisy one. Other than going for my brother's kindergarten concert, nothing special happened.

It lasted for a whole two hours, with many performances hard to admire, needless to say, to concentrate on. Oh great, I am going to sleep throughout, was what I thought as I entered the performance hall. It turned out the utter opposite for three reasons:

1) The back of the chair was too low, I couldn't rest my head

2) The music was really really bright and loud

3) I had to film my brother

One hour after I got very restless, there was still a finale, and there was this girl stoning in the middle of a dancing crowd. I don't care about her. I care about the fact that she was blocking my brother, and I had to move about holding the camera trying to get a constant image of him for 7 minutes.

Enough of that.

The weekends are over and now its back to school for one more week.

The bio paper and statistics and probability paper were returned today. My prediction was correct, in fact, I should say doubly correct.

"Prepare to scare or surprise myself..." as mentioned in the previous post, well? I scared and surprised myself.

I surprised myself for my biology paper. 45/55. That is a record for any biology exam I had! I even won ben, for the first time. I guess its my essay questions that always fail me. Fortunately there were none this time round.

I scared myself for my statistics and probability paper. 41/50. Does not sound bad?

1) That is below average

2) Everything were just careless mistakes. No, I should not say careless, they were just plain stupid and nonsensicle mistakes I made.

I calculated mean wrongly as my entire formula was wrong and the formula I invented and assumed to be right did not make any sense either when I read it.

Also, I input a wrong probability of 1/3 when it was supposed to be 1/2. Why did I do it? Out of haste? No. Something just got into me.

However, two open ended questions still left my frustration hanging. Although my points for reasoning were quite similar to the model answer, my opening statement contradicted the model answer due to different judgements. Still, I was given no marks despite my reasoning.

Still, there isn't a need to complain about everything, and I was not really bothered about being top, or average, or anything that all matters a whole 3 marks (that's quite a lot).

Anyway, I have picked up a new way to pass my time on the mrt just today - rubik's cube (2x2x2).

School ended at 10am. That leaves 4 more days to the official end of two years in this school, or the two years which I could see my classmates easily almost everyday. Perhaps it would be time I started looking back and reflecting on all that has happened, all that we have been through...

No comments: