Monday, November 30, 2009

Time to Start

Now that holidays have started, I think it is time to train up my physical strength and focus on growing taller.

The plan started today.

This morning, I wanted to run Pasir Ris Park, but it looked like it was going to rain. Instead, I went to Sea Shell Park.

Woke up at 7am to run 5 kilometers.

Later, I had a good lunch and met Ben at Tampines to play some badminton.

However we were really early, so we went to Tampines 1 for the first time in our lives and looked around in sports shops.

Then we walked to the gigantic Tampines Sports Complex and had a look around. There are 20 badminton courts, a track, two competition pools with several fun pools, a large gymnasium and many other facilities. Furthurmore, it was within walking distance from the bus interchange and mrt station. It was an excellent place for sports.

Then we went to play badminton at 2pm. A few minutes into our play, I got this.


Ben hit the shuttle to my overhead backhand. I moved aside to take it as a forehand and rushed a forehand cross court drop while the shuttle was behind me. So, in order to improve the chances of hitting, I turned my head around as my own arm was swinging down for the drop.

Thus my racket came straight down onto my forehead.

Weird, that it was swollen and blood could be seen, yet there was not any blood dripping out. It did not hurt too much after that, but there was still that swollen feeling hanging over there.

First sunburn, now this.

After a little rest, I was alright.

We practiced some net shots, and played a bit of cross court backhand netting, and improved quite a lot. Jump smash is still a problem for me though. Ben's smash angles were good because of his height, and sent me moving my ankles around to block both left and right, which became very tired after two hours.

Playing badminton was cool. Hope to play more in future during the holidays.

We thought about swimming at tampines sports complex too. It seemed quite a good idea.

Goals by end of holidays: 162cm tall, 15 pull-ups and get 2.4km under 11:30. I have been trying to bring down my 2.4 km timing for years, yet to no avail.

Oh and I should swim more too.

Hope it would work out

No comments: