Monday, November 9, 2009

JBCG strikes again!

First they sucked the energy out of us before the trigonometry exam, and now they summon us back again just before O levels.

I felt that I have quite wasted my time to have even considered joining this...science comm watever-crap-programme. Today, I travelled to botanic gardens at 8 am in the morning just to do a rehearsal that involved me saying a few lines.

In my opinion, I have not benefited much, other than familiarising myself with one certain garden, from this programme. Many weekends, I (or we) had to go over to give FREE guided tours purely by student VOLUNTEERS. Yea right, we volunteered to sign up for the course and got forced to become volunteers ultimately.

In addition, the second part of the programme included many of us having to be helpers when the APEC people overseas visit the garden. A few rehearsals have been held, but at the expense of our school lessons, one trigonometry exam, and the day just before the chinese 'O' level paper. Is this really for a 'whole new experience' and a chance to build up healthy relationships with other organizations like they always say, or just a chance to make use of us students to advertise for our school and country?

They call all these preparations to be a guide at this garden a research module, knowing it would be an incentive to students who want to have it on their report card. Besides, once a student gets in to the programme, it would not be very nice to quit halfway, would it?

Is this really a research module, or what?

No comments: