Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dream in a Dream in a Dream (DIADIAD for short) - Senseless logic

I just woke up from a 12 hour sleep.

Need to get ready to leave for NRIC making in school now. To be continued, and hopefully I can remember what I was going to write.

Okay I am back, NRIC making was a rather long wait.

So as I was saying, I woke up at 6 am and fell back to sleep again and starting having this dream. Many things in dreams have long known to be contradictory to the laws of physics in the real world. But that holds true also, for logical reasonings. In some dreams, logic tie events together into an exciting storyline, but this logic does not seem logical in the real world. However, one can only understand the logic when he is inside that dream.

Sensibility is relative:

This dream, as I recall, was a mystery story built up with logic without sense which makes sense to me while I was still asleep. So it is hard to explain why certain things happen and if you are a non-believer in senseless logic, please skip this post. Whatever I am going to post now will not make sense.

Do not ask me why either, because as I said, I will only know when I am asleep. And to be posting this I will be awake, and since 6 hours have passed after the dream, my senseless logic to sensible logic translation skills would have probably diminished to nothing already. The process is fast. It is something like how many people always forget what they have dreamt of the previous night. In this case, I remember to events, but not the logic.

I was going home. I entered the lift. I saw a cow pat in the lift. Something was wrong. I entered the lift, avoiding stepping on the brown sticky pancake. Two builders entered with me. He took this glue-gun-like gun and sprayed it on the other builders hand, then he forced my mouth open and sprayed it on my tongue. I felt a drying sensation in my mouth, like all saliva which comes out of my glands evaporates upon touching the tongue.

Blank Blank Blank

I went to this place where I always had my stupid chinese tuition. Here, there is no distinct line of primary school and secondary school. Everyone was here, and I did not think it weird(as I said this is senseless logic) I asked my primary school friend what that drying glue gun thing was. He said it was a clotting liquid, whatever that was. Then, I realised that the spraying thing onto my tongue thing was a dream. I was conscious, but somehow, I knew that my car was stolen, and I instinctively linked the two events together, that in my dream and my car being stolen(not in the dream) (senseless logic in action once again).

So another friend of mine and I went to my house carpark and searched for my car. We had the key, and decided that they way to find it would be to lock and unlock it with the remote control key and try to pick up the sounds of the car door locking and unlocking. We scanned the carpark to the top floor, where we still could not find the car. Then, five moons glided past us. One was our normal moon, two were replicas, one was a red moon and the other was green. I told him that, and hurried him to take a picture.

However, he said that it was only the DHL balloons flying around, but I pointed out to him that there were no strings attached to it. So we took a picture, as it was not a impossible, but rather uncommen sight in my sleeping world. Sort of like seeing a solar eclipse in the real world. But don't ask me how I know, like I said, the feeling is there, but the logic isn't.

We went to report to the teachers about the stolen car. My primary school math HOD, english HOD, secondary school principal and vice-principal were all there. As I described to them how I had the glue gun dream, and explaining to them how I knew the two events were linked although one of them was in a dream, and the other was not.

Not only logic becomes senseless when I wake up. Even in my dream, senseless logic of my dream in the dream was already taking place.

Then as I was in the midst of struggling to explain why I knew they were linked, and apparently everyone was confused, my mother woke me up, sparing me the effort to continue furthur explanations.

Even minutes after, it felt rather gloomy as I have not realised that I did not have a car and that my parent's car was not stolen. This is the after effect of a deep sleep, commonly resulting from a dream in a dream in a dream.

No comments: