Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A pretty bad start to vacation

I had plans to work out and improve my fitness level over the holidays, by jogging, at least, on a daily basis, but things aren't going much the way I wanted to.

For an unknown reason, my heart/chest, started hurting on Tuesday. It happens when I start walking at a moderate pace for as short as 30 seconds, and will only subside when I start slowing down and begin abdominal breathing. Then I tried going for a run, and barely lasted beyond 400 metres(Without timing, even without timing, I could not even continue running). It seems that the slightest aerobic activity causes this, yet I experience no fatigue, shortness of breath or pespiration.

It feels as if it beats rapidly and more violently when this happens, such that its pumping is rather observable visually, which is not typical of me, considering that I did my NAPFA test and got a Gold with pretty much ease. It does not hurt so much at the heart itself, but rather more at the sternum, where you should feel a depression between the two ribcages.

I have no idea what is going on, but I am just going to brainstorm a little:

1) I got a pretty big scare the day before when someone suddenly shouted
2) Jumped too much during badminton. i.e vertical acceleration
3) Drank isotonic drinks/ carbonated drinks
4) As my friend told me, running long distance and then stopping abuptly without cooling down properly on a regularly basis

Scarier Ideas:

1) Illness
2) Blood clot
3) ...

Shall not discuss too much. Anyway, I am going to see a doctor soon, but would really like to know others' opinions on possible reasons for this happening.

I played badminton with cheryl lit, jun kiat on monday and tuesday. My badminton racket grip is wearing off rapidly, exposing the wooden handle, causing lots of pain and abrasion on my fingers. I had better get a new grip.

I hope to make use of this month to brushen up my badminton skills.

Today, after the open round of Math Olympiad, of which I only answered 4/25 questions, went to buona vista to meet Jk for lunch. It ended up that I reached one hour before he did, and so even as I asked Joelle about Ghim Moh food center the previous night, I went exploring at Holland village, because the Bus Terminal was at the Holland Village side, and Jk was going to arrive at the Bus Terminal, and then I would be too lazy to cross the road.

I found four coffee shops, and pretty much made a mental map of how the roads in Holland Village connect, after the first, confusing attempt, because the roads were windy and curvy and I did not have a compass, but after the second scout I patched up some loopholes in my map. In the end, it turned out quite accurate.

Then even after we finished lunch, we still had a long time before our meeting time at DSO for internship, so we decided to buy a Slurpee and walk 3km to DSO fromo Holland village, which is at Science Park 1.

DSO was quite stressful, as there were form after forms to fill up regarding security. At the same time, no recording devices or information storage device were allowed, so you get scares if you touch your pocket and thought it was your handphone and then be relieved when you find that it isn't...

Over and over again.

And the project we are dealing with...I am not supposed to discuss it because its DSO we are talking about here, but I have to say that it is not any normal project we do in school and I have a feeling it is going to be fun.

No comments: