Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day after the first day of Physics Camp

In the morning, I went to meet joelle at the usual bus stop.

Then we chatted on the bus.

Then I brought her to LT 27 at NUS, where she became me for the Physics Camp.

Then I started walking to DSO, considering that time was on my side, and a little exercise was good for me.

And after walking 100 metres, I started feeling a little guilty for signing up for this thing, and then not have the perseverence to complete it. However, I thought about it and realised that I almost always felt guilty directly after making a decision, and then a counter-decision. However, this guilt is rather unjustifiable, and if I went on being held back by unjustifiable guilt, I will never go on. So I have to think through my decision clearly before hand, and once I made it, I have to trust myself that it is a good one, and stop procrastinating.

I occasionally have a tendency to make counter-decisions, followed anti-counter-decisionx, then...

And this would have to stop.

Spent the entire morning at DSO downloading and installing lejos, java development kit and netbeans, and attempting to understand several java tutorials. Ultimately, netbeans on my computer could not retrieve certain files even after altering settings and configurations.

So in the end jk and I did a little programming on his com and as he typed I learnt a little bit of java along the way.

We created this button spamming game without the use of multi-threading as we did not know how to do it, which took quite a bit of thinking and time. Following that, we decided to do make another game in which you pressed buttons to make combos to make the robot do certain things.

Artificial Intelligence Module is starting next week. Looking forward and wondering what we will learn there.

No comments: