Saturday, October 3, 2009

The contagious "injury"

It turned out that my 5 year old brother was spouting nonsense; he was only hit on the butt not the stomach. No traces of physical injury found. That thing in the stomach was a viral infection. I was wondering whether he had passed it to me...

On Thursday I woke up feeling a bit cramped around the stomach. I saw my breakfast - slabs butter and strawberry jam on bread, which killed my appetite, so I just ate a piece of bread.

Still, I felt bloated and thought that it was probably the after effects of having 2 large cups of Soya Bean Milk (approx 600ml) the previous night. I remained in a bracing position through out my journey to school, hoping that the feeling will go away. However, the moment I started to walk, it started coming back.

At Buona Vista Station, I walked so much until my stomach gave way and I found a corner in time to vomit. It shouldn't have been the milk, I could easily handle 3 cups of fluid, if given time. Ahh, it was probably something wrong I ate. Now that I have expelled it, shouldn't be a problem. Fortunately I left my old shirt in my bag, so I wiped my mouth with it. Yuck.

Feeling much better, I went to school as per normal, but stayed in the toilet before assembly started.

Later, I started to have a little headache and as I drank a bit more water, the bloated feeling came back. Knowing that this was no good sign and I would not last 2 hours more, I called my dad and I went home.

My dad and I went to the polyclinic that afternoon.

Nurse: "Hello, why did you come here?" (As if we came here for a picnic)

Dad: "Feeling sick?"

Nurse: "Do you have a temperature?"

"I suppose so?"

"How high?"

"I don't know"

Takes temperature.

"Now would you like to donate $2 to the ...and get a free...." I shut down after that didn't hear what she said exactly.

Dad: "No thanks I think we will go and see the doctor first."

That was interesting...

After carbon tablets, fever medicine, headache pills and gastric medicine(horrible), I felt much better by the next day, but stayed at home. :)

No comments: