Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One injury after another

German exam is finally over! No more worries to struggle through german lesson. However I really need to work harder on that language. I get caught at the tongue, lack sufficient vocabulary and forget grammar rules.

But that will wait till next year.

Yesterday as I got home from german lesson, my father urgently rushed my 5 year old brother to the hospital, and I followed as soon as I put down my bag. It appeared that some guy at school punched him in the stomach. After coming home he kept on vomitting and did not want to consume anything. Thus my mother called for my father to come home quickly and ran away to teach tuition.

It was the peak hour, and it took quite a long time to get onto the expressway to KK hospital. Changi General Hospital was nearer, but after experience, we knew it could not be trusted. Years ago, when my other brother took medcine coz he thought it was a yummy beverage, my parents sent him there for an emergency. Apparently emergency meant one hour of waiting, and then getting told that the doctor did not know how to deal with it, and finally dismissed and asked to send him to another hospital.

So we finally reached the hospital as my brother crouched in a ball in his seat not talking at all, which is not common of him. Reaching there, we got out immediately(obviously), and did a series of check ups.

Then, my dad realised that in a hurry, he dropped his wallet, but my brother at home managed to find it at the loading and unloading bay outside my house fortunately.

The nurse gave him medcine but his body rejected anything that enters it, and in seconds he regurgitated brown liquid out. Also, he developed a fever.

i stayed at the hospital till around 10pm, with my mother still not reaching there, and I took a taxi home.

At home was a mess, not entropy, but noise. My mum went home to 'settle some things' first and scolded me when I asked why she was not at the hospital, going on about how irresponsible we are and dependent on her packing our school clothes and bags, and about us not caring about her when my dad shouted at her over the phone because she decided that her income from teaching tuition was more important than the hospital. And for some long story I weedled out of my brother, he got hit by my mum badly...(So as to not cross the lines of family privacy I shall not elaborate too much)

This made me think about how my brothers and I kept on getting injured

My brother hurt his right arm weeks ago I do not know how but the conclusion is that it is now in a cast.

In captains ball today, I fell twice due to the slippery track. I slid off to the drain and rolled onto the grass, grazing my knee, and hitting my fingers. Now for a flashback.

On sports day I sprained my left middle finger while playing basketball.

On monday for physical ed fell and sprained my right index on the basketball.

Today I slightly sprained a few other fingers and hurt my left waist and leg when i fell.

It seems that I have a tendency to get hurt a lot around the limbs. In fact, since young, no where else of my body got injured other than my limbs.

Thankfully so far I have never been punched in the torso. It makes me feel lucky that almost all I have hurt are my appendages. It just seems like a routine for that to happen nowadays.

With that in mind, I continue to live life as per normal.

No comments: