Monday, October 26, 2009

Last Tour

Saturday's tour finally ended the "volunteering" work of giving free guided tours at botanic gardens.

Firstly, it is not even volunteering, it was a compulsory activity for all who took a certain module.

Secondly, we are expected to find our own customers, can't the management just do something about it and let people sign up beforehand? Rather than making us go around begging people to go along our tour like desperate people.

So I was rather glad when this was no more.

Natalie asked me: "You want to move over there?"

Me: "For what purpose?"

Natalie: "I know you don't want do right? Last time already just do."

Me: "Anything anything"

So we moved to the other bench nearer to the entrance and Natalie started revising chemistry while I did a puzzle book.

Just to liven things up, I asked Natalie whether we should try asking a family going in. To my surprise (or disappointment), they agreed to go on our tour. So there. At least we were making use of our time.

So we led them around and talked inorganizedly, adding stuff in between our sentences or correcting what we said before, or even talking different stuff at the same time (so either natalie or I had to shut up).

Glad its over.

Though it might be the last tour, it is still not the end of work at Jacob Balles Children's Garden in the Botanic Garden.

There is this APEC thing which I don't know what it really is but all I know is that important people are coming so we have to guide them around and talk about the exhibits. So my friends and I got excused from morning school last Friday.

I was in charge of the sugarcanes with trang, joelle and dorothy. There was laughter and talking, rehearsing of scripts, but not for long, as discussion material soon ran out (for me at least). So under the hot sun I sat on a chair and almost dozed off...

Until it was time to go. We finished early.

Next Friday will be the same. We get excused from trigonometry exam. But we still have to do it later that day.

No comments: