Friday, June 19, 2009

Feeling Seasick

You don't have to go out to sea on a boat to get seasick. All you need is to visit Jurong swimming complex and stay in the wave pool.

Cmc, christine, gen, chew, poh and I went to Jurong Swimming complex yesterday, or Water Park as some people love to call it.

The toilet was quite smelly.

We went to the lazy river, but I was too small so I could not sit on the riverbed, so I had to half walk in it. The caves were nice and cooling. One even had a fog emitting from the ceiling, and with me without glasses, it looked like a fog in a fog.

We went to the wave pool, and apparently I was quite short and small, so the waves kept on washing into my face and that made it hard to keep afloat so I went somewhere more shallow until I had energy again to continue threading water.

Then we went to play the slides. The shortest slide, the yellow slide around 6 meters tall was the fastest. It spirals down to the pool at 45 degree angle and the wind blowing against my face was huge. The trip down only took 5 seconds.

Since yesterday patches of my body have been feeling painful and itchy. Maybe its because of the chlorinated water, or maybe because of the abrasion of my skin while zooming down on the yellow slide.

Unfortunately for the higher red and blue slides, a float was compulsory, so we went to rent them.

And it turned out long and boring. It was just the float flowing downstream luxoriously down a twisty tunnel, occasionally being thrown from side to side. In the tunnel it was very warm, and when cool air starts settling in for you to enjoy, you know you are near the end of the slide. It would have been more fun without the floats.

Then we went to the lazy river again with the floats, and we kept on overturning each others' floats.

And finally we went to the wave pool with floats, which was when I started to get seasick, after spending to much time in the sun in the wave pool chatting. Finally the waves stopped, but that made my condition no much better.

And for the rest of the day I have had a headache.

And the best thing is, it is still there today the moment I start to exercise, and that includes walking outside.

So 80 cents for high slides, relaxing rivers, wavey pools, seasickness, smelly toilets and itches and pain on the skin? (Oh yea it could be sunburn too)

I still like sengkang pool better with its clean toilets and shadey pools.

No comments: