Monday, June 15, 2009

Physics Camp Day Two

Okay the next day, having learnt my lesson the day before, I left home later. But still early in case of the peak hour.

Bus 3 reached Pasir Ris MRT station, and I was too lazy to alight. So I slept and went all the way to Punggol. Thereafter, I took the purple line mrt and changed to the green line.

It took 2 hours, and I was just in time for breakfast.

Then we went for the science stations. First it was a lesson about fluids. Then a boring electron diffraction thing. And then something just as boring about light polarisation. Fortunately the acoustics was best and last interactive session because we could play with the musical glasses and this frequency generator which makes HIGH and low sounds.

And then we went for a series of boring experiements like on momentum, car down a ramp, projectile motion and centrifugal force. However the equipment used was quite cool, like the air track used in the momentum experiement, making the gliders move so smoothly without any force by blowing air out from underneath, making it maintain its speed such that it seemed like there is something under pulling the glider along the track.

And the day ended with a long quiz, which I passed the time throughout by a rubik's cube as usual.

I would rather go bowling than for this camp, but again, I rather go for anything that seems similar to this than staying at home during holidays.

No comments: