Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Wrong Way

Everything was the wrong way round yesterday.

Yesterday was supposed to be my Primary 6 class gathering. So I left house and walked to pasir ris park at 8:30 am, as no buses could reach into that part of the park. I might as well walk all the way then.

So I reached the E-hub junction, and did not know how to access the park by cutting across the road, so I decided to walk through downtown east. However, I did not know that it was all fenced up, and since it was costa sands resort on the other side of downtown east, it was blocked. So I had to walk all the way back out of downtown east and go around it into Pasir Ris Park.

Thats around 3km of walking already. It was a humid morning, for it had rained the previous day. I reached the place, but saw no one. So I called my friend, but no one answered the phone. I called my friend's friend's friend to find out my friend's number, but either they did not know it or they did not answer. So I sat down on a bench, feeling very tired and sad. Had I gotten the date wrong? Maybe they left for another place? After a while, I decided to leave, finding out a 'shortcut' out of the park without having to make a big round.

Just then, the cold wind blew against my face, washing off the water off the leaves of the trees, showering them on me. I thought it was raining, and ran, until I realised what happened.

Passing by E-hub, I went to watch Hannah Montana the movie. My phone rang after I bought the ticket. It was Yx, and I asked when the gathering was.

"16 June"

"Isn't that today?"

"Yes."

"what time?"

"3-9"

"Oh I thought it was 9-3"

......

Then I went for lunch.

And when I reached home it was about 1pm. Walked 5 km in total.I bathed, played com and rested a while before leaving again at 2:30.


Walked there, talked and threw balls and frisbees around. It wasn't very interesting. I left at around 7:30pm, taking the bus home this time. That makes a total of 7 km of walking yesterday, and my ankles hurt up till now.

No comments: