Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Housecooling

After pottery lesson on saturday, which was about making plates, I went to Jk's housewarming party at the Quartz at Buangkok. It is not a good home, for the smell of paint, dark corridors, malfunctioning lifts and eerie stairways makes it seems like it suffers slipshod maintenance.

My father took me there in his car, and I thought I would be late, but in the end I was the second to reach there.

Ivan, Jy, Jorg, Jk(obviously), cmc, Emily, Chlit and Chew, Dayna and Christine were there too.

It turns out that Jk's parents had bought the condo as an investment and wants to sell it at higher price soon, so he organizes this 'housewarming' just as it was going to be sold to let people know the existence of their ownership of the condo. How wonderful.

First we played bball in a cheap basketball half-court. We won the girls but were too tired to play against the 309 guys, so we went for drink.

The security guard let us enter the court via the entrance and locked it, telling us that we will have to take the carpark exit. Isn't that redundant?

And I was actually small enought to squeeze out of the fence of the condo to find some of my friends, but unfortunately the guards caught me attempting to get back in after that, so I guess I had to take a long way back in. And the bunch of us got lost within the carpark's many staircases.

So after playing basketball we went to the poolside for dinner. We talked, talked and talked, and played catching after that which turned out reasonably boring. So we went back to the poolside and some people dunked people with clothes on into the pool irresponsibly, but its funny to see them doing that.

After that we played dare or dare (truth or dare). So we could only choose a dare. Many people chose stupid things like running around the pool naked, talking to strangers and all, so some people called me a spoil sport and all and not daring to do anything. Well I just think that it is best to keep away from any risk of getting into trouble, just something that is completely among ourselves.

And as someone emphasizes, 'Its really so simple, whats so hard, its only a game. See, I done it'. It really tickles me to feel critized when I don't think I am wrong in anyway. After all, a game is to let everyone have fun, and not to see others having fun by risking someone else's. So I knew he was the sort that would not think that he is wrong on this part so I shutted up.

We went back up to the apartment with our shoes on to get our bags at around 8:30pm and headed home, saying goodbye to our possibly last chance on visiting the condo.

No comments: