Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not the greatest way to start

It isn't a way too good to start a year, speaking in terms of my record with the school.

It has only been barely 1 month, and I would like to congratulate myself for having received 2 demerit points already. One for late coming and the other for inappropriate attire.

Inappropriate attire is one thing I would really like to laugh at myself at. It has only been two mondays (The formal attire days) and I received three warnings. On the first time, I could say that I was not very attentive to the change in days when we were supposed to wear a formal attire. Thus that was when I got my first warning. As punishment, I had to wear the formal on wednesday. This was when I got my second warning. I took it easy. Wore my formal and put my tie in my pocket, forgetting to wear it on during assembly. Although personally, I don't think that this should count over inappropriate attire as I brought my tie and wore the right attire, but the teacher was no person to be argued with.

Third offence, leading to a demerit commited yesterday. I was on the train when I was thinking about the last week, and my attire just happen to come across my mind.

Excellent.

I worried about my attire throughout the rest of the ride. I did not really care about my demerit points for some reason, and what else would I suffer than having to wear my attire again on wednesday? But for some reason, I was nervous all the way which I later concluded is that because that I do not know what the teacher's reaction would be.

The suspense is behind it all.

I told myself that I would calm down as there is not much worth in being scared about the teacher's reaction. I told myself and started laughing at myself silently of how I managed to get 3 warnings within two weeks, almost impossible to anyone else. It worked, and despite the nervousness I had while walking to my school, the joyful side overwhelmed me and I started smiling.

I entered the hall and my mentor was shocked to see me in my 'inappropriate attire' for the third time. As she frowned and asked me why I keep on forgetting about my attire with hopelessness, I replied with a smile and a slight tone of laughing in my speech.

This kept me smiling ironically for the rest of assembly. A demerit point.

I suppose that I really have to quickly adapt to the fact that we have to wear formal on mondays. It requires drilling and I have to get the idea imprinted in my mind before next monday comes...

As for latecoming, I have nothing to say about it except for two points to take noteof. Firstly, waking up early is no problem for me. The problem this year, unlike last year is a whole lot different.

Last year, I used to wake up late, and left house within 3 minutes of waking up. This year is the total opposite. I wake up 10 minutes before time, eat my breakfast slowly, fall asleep while doing business in the toilet, and only to realise that I am way off time by the time my mental state finally freshens up.

If I do not wake up earlier, I would have to wake up faster.

Secondly, alighting at clementi instead of buona vista does not make trips any much faster. Buses come at enormous intervals, and it is not every morning that I am ready to begin a 1.6km run to school.

This year has still a long way to go. I had better stop my own nonsense this instance, and a good way to start is by not forgetting to wear my punishment tomorrow.

No comments: