Monday, January 4, 2010

Life in 2009 - The Closing Episode

The last time I have posted about the series "Life in 2009" was in the first half of the last year. The main reason being, I rather not think about sad and negative things. It just makes me sadder. But now that the year have closed, and most things have come to a settle, I suppose it is time to safely flip the pages and look through it once again...

Now that reshuffling befalled the poor souls of year 2, I was thrown into a pool of loneliness in my new class as I did not have any real friends there. Thus, I kept on visiting my friends in other classes which turned out to be quite a challenge and quite tiring due to different timetables.

Another obstacle I faced would have been about me having doubted a friend a lot. That threw me into quite a emotional state, as some people i have shared with knows. However, I started to feel enlightenment that I was just being paranoid because being in the same class once and not anymore have made quite a change that I was not able to handle quickly enough.

Gradually, I learnt how not to live my life in school. I have been quite peers-centered before, making me make decisions and be dependent on friends. However, as I faced challenge after challenge of not having much friends by my side always, this center of mine drifted away, which is in fact a good thing.

Having a center means being dependent on it. If one is too friend-centered:

-When they aren't with you, you feel lost
-When they make an annoying remark or leave you, you feel betrayed
-When anything about them does not go your way, your day is ruined

So, friends are undoubtedly a wonderful thing to have, but it is important to bear in mind not to let your feelings be dependent on them.

Other centers like hobbies, sports or academics might face the same downfall too, however one center that never fails would be the principal center. Do what you know is right and not wrong, because and even if not then, your conscience would eventually catch up with you.

I have now (hopefully) made new friends but must still be aware of the danger of dependence.

One quote about living around a center: If who I am is what I have and what I have is lost, then who am I?

I did not make that up

No comments: