Friday, December 5, 2008

Back from Hong Kong

I'm back.

Reached home at 9 yesterday night.

My lips hurt.

Weather in Hong Kong was sunny and dry, yet cold. It was really uncomfortable when my lips were very dry, yet were unable to absorb the water molecules when I drank water.

My family and I followed a tour group, and for the next four days were sightseeing, ocean park and disneyland.

As the plane started landing, my ears were unable to relief the pressure due to the change in altitude. It was a lot worse than the last time and it was just 15 minutes of torture to my ears...

Sometime after we landed we embarked on a long journey to the hotel. After some rest, we took a boat ride across half of hong kong to Llama island at the extreme south of hong kong for dinner. The boat trips lasted around an hour and it just caused me nothing but sea-sickness.

The next day, we went sightseeing in kowloon (九龙)and hong kong island. Though interesting, it was not very nice to walk in a chilling, yet sunny environment. Each time we alighted the bus, I was in mixed feelings - interested to explore and see things yet so excited to get back onto the bus.

Following was a day at the ocean park and the last two days were disneyland, check out and departure.

I tell a more detailed recollection in my next posts, but this is all for now.

Its weird. Before I left, I was so enthusiastic about going overseas. Yet on the 3rd or 4th day, I started missing stuff back home. Well, to list some are chatting with my friends, a nice weather, my blanket...

And so now, I'm back, but I still feel that something isn't very right. Something has changed. Are people being cold, or has it always been this way for me? Or is it just because of my exceedingly high hopes I had of everything back there?

Its back to that plain life I always had.

But its a good thing that my wound finally sealed after a week. :)

No comments: