Tuesday, December 9, 2008

In memory of a two year journey - Part 2

This year, things have turned for the better, for some reason I can't seem to fish out at the moment. More unity, more acceptance, probably almost everything among the whole class. At least it seemed so on the surface.

It is amazing how it took one whole year for some interaction between certain groups of people in the class. Having experienced some of it, I should say that although some people are still not very friendly to each other, some invisible force, possibly one of the results of the theory of 'The friend of my friend is my friend', it just came forth as a chain reaction and the class just became more lively, especially in the second semester (which is maybe a little late).

It had been a great year, with all those times spent together during lessons, or going out. Even so, sometime ago I still feel like I am not fitting very well into the class. My opinions are really different from others, and this leads to some problems.

Firstly, it plonks me into a position to wrestle between conscience and peer-pressure. Take the sentosa trip for instance.

Secondly, it gives people a great reason to argue with me which is the last thing I would want, based on the experience I had last year.

Perhaps I should settle myself down and just hang on and spend more time with a smaller group, but nevertheless, this has probably taught me the greatest lesson I have learnt in my two year experience in this school.

Be proactive.

To be continued...

No comments: