Thursday, December 17, 2009

Post-birthday post

Yesterday had been such a fufilling day for myself.

Yet today, I felt so empty.

I have known that I was never much of a shopping center and indoor related activities person.

Ben, Gen, Cmc, Jk, Chlit, Dillon and I were supposed to go cycling today. The moment I woke up, I felt the cool breeze and fresh smell of rain. Yup, it is raining no doubt. I really hoped that the rain would just stop. And later it did! I asked my mum whether I would be allowed to cycle on wet ground if I was careful. She agreed. Everything in the morning was just going so perfectly fine.

Then we met at Subway in East Coast Park. Despite the wet ground, the rain was quite negligible, and would probably stop anytime soon looking at the plain clouds above. However, some people suggested that we go to a shopping center called Marina Regular Quadrileteral. And off we went. Although I really did not feel like going, I just agreed.

Now, I realise that when I say "I don't mind", I really mean "I mind" and if I really do not mind, I would say "I want to" and not "I don't mind". Just did not want to be a spoiler and go against what some people would want.

So we went bowling, and for sometime something went wrong with the left gutter such that the bowling ball kept on bouncing out of the gutter when it hit a spot.

After one game, we stopped outside k box. If there is one thing that I learned about it, is that kbox charges per person for the single room, so it would be less people better. I was quite okay with going, until I heard of the exorbitant prices of 14.50 per person. Oh man, this is way too much I would be paying to sing a few songs, which I was wrong...

Because I only sang one song - Yellow submarine, and I did not know the other songs everyone else was singing, especially the rubbish modern chinese songs which I count myself lucky to not knowing.

In the Kbox, I was rather slouchy. There was nothing excited about it and I shivered upon hearing badly written songs which includes a lot of jay chou and perverted bands songs. In it, it was like a typical free period in school where I waste my time watching the people around using their computers. Time is just being wasted as songs passed.

I left at 4:15. I started to feel guilty as I walked out of the freezing dark room. I started to regret as I walked through the shopping center to the MRT station. I shouldn't have come for this Kbox rubbish. I should have said no when I had the chance.

The MRT cruised out of the tunnels. It was a beautiful weather without rain. I have wasted many things. My time, my 14 dollars which I have not paid yet, wearing my OBS T-shirt because it was the only dry fit shirt I had at home, bringing my red bag which I like to bring out for exercising, a nice weather, the effort into finding a day which my mother allowed me to cycle, and such a good day too. Just wasted. And so I got rather irritated and sad. I felt horrible.

Some way to spend the time and money watching people sing songs I hate so much.

What would have been a nice cycle, ended up as an empty trip to Marina Regular Quadrileteral. The rain had not been too bad in the first place anyway...

Emptiness filled me all the way through the MRT ride. Only way to cure it is to make up for it by spending another day with more fufillment.

***

External factors can make you THINK that you changed your stand, but only your conscience can truely make the change.

When you take a stand (in this case I don't like Kbox), it does not guarantee you will remember about it after external factors have coaxed you into doing something(going to Kbox), so constant reminder from yourself is necessary. You might think that you have changed your mind about it, but walk out of it regretting it, and you just know that your mind has never been changed. Only what you would have done has.

No comments: