Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Sound of Music

The Sound of Music concert is finally over! We raised 14k in total, which is not too bad. Though we made quite a few/lot mistakes, people said we were good, which is quite surprising. All thanks to the conductor and orchestra members!

It was a little disappointing that some people didn't come, while others were forced to. And yet the school says it pays for compulsory events to attend. How ironic.

During the day itself, time really flied. Probably I was too engrossed in playing the music; or too careful. Compared to rehearsals, I made quite less mistakes.

The Monday rehearsal took up quite a lot of time when we had to move instruments up to the auditorium. Once, I took the stands up from the elevator, and since then everyone forgot about me, until one came with a trolley after years. We did not do much that day. Oh, and at the end of the piece in the silence, I farted and annihilated that peace and the piece:).

Wednesday's rehearsal ended quite late too, and I while waiting for the evening rehearsal to start, I played badminton for 3 hours straight. It had been such a long time since I played badminton in school already, and that day I hurt myself three times in the process.

This day, rehearsal did not yield much progress either. We only finished half the programme.

So, we could say that we had considerably little practice.

At last on Friday, the exhaustion ended. At night walking home from school dressed in something other than uniform-for some unknown reason it reminds me of times years ago in year 1 orientation. But there is still syf practice for us string players. Hopefully we will do even better for syf than we did for the concert.

No comments: