Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Speech Day Again

My chinese award of betrayal has led me to waste time doing rehearsals for a total of 6 hours last week, and all I had to do was walk up and down the stage.

On monday, I waited patiently for rehearsal to start by playing badminton.

On wednesday I had German lesson, so I tried to excuse myself as this was the second consecutive time I had skipped lessons due to school activities. What's more, I had a test next week. But the teacher said that this rehearsal was very very important and I had to attend all rehearsals. Important? All I do is just sit there and watch their movements repeatedly and then, I just go up and down once - I couldn't say that I was a little bit pleased about that.

But what else could I do, I excused myself from lessons once again. Throughout the wonderful and important rehearsal, I played around with a 5^3 rubik's cube for the whole time. That time, I really felt like absenting myself from rehearsal without notice.

On Thursday, it was finally Speech day. I had to attend a make up for my german lesson, but Speech day ends at only 4pm expectedly judging by the chain of 'nostalgic' speeches. I actually fell asleep while waiting for an hour for their guest of honour to arrive. It is a fortunate thing that the person in charge allowed me to run off after receiving that astronomical and catastrophic time-wasting award.

The taxi hurriedly took me away from that 'hall of dreaming'. So much for being an award recipient. What do I get? A certificate which does not tell people much and a 50 dollar book voucher. Where's the trophy?! Where's my name engraved?! There is no such thing, and soon within a month, 'poof' , the voucher will be very well spent and then neither will there be such a thing as a book voucher even.

No comments: