Saturday, September 4, 2010

Roommates

First, I decided that I was probably going to room with Eugene, but wenbo was feeling so emotional over not having a roommate. Furthermore, he wanted one so he could toilet jx and jeremy. Then Raynor came along and asked me if I wanted to room him. I decided that it would be alright, if only Eugene wanted to room with wenbo. Problem is, nobody seemed to want to room with him. So I set up a conference, hoping to deal with this in a just and fair way. Afterall, my conscience got the better of me, and considering that a few decisions would be affecting the lives of a few for a year, I really felt responsible. So we managed to reach a consensus that Raynor, Eugene and I will toilet each other. We had to find a fourth, and upon asking wenbo whether he wanted to be the fourth, on the condition that he couldn't toilet jx and jeremy anymore, he refused. He rather be without a roommate, possibly because randomizing himself will give him a glimmer of hope getting to toilet jx and jeremy. He asked Jk to room him, and at first Jk rejected. Our conference decided that if wenbo did not want to join us, Jk, not wanting to room wenbo, will join in. However, Jk doesn't really sense our hints to him and took wenbo as an insurance lest he really didn't have any roommate. So Eugene, Raynor and I have at least accomplished something, getting wenbo a roommate. But our fourth was still missing, so we asked Tung, but Tung was being stuck up and refused since he didn't want to room with a bunch of 'nerds' which I suppose he should call himself one too considering that he likes physics so much. So during sports day I went to ask Toan. Cmc at the side was not being helpful at all, which I did not appreciate, by pointing out Raynor's flaws. So failed I, in coaxing Toan to room with Raynor. However. Raynor asked Tung again the next day, and he accepted this time, which I no longer cared much for since he have been such a ______. And just when our problems were thought to be settled, I brought up the wrong topic as Jk and I were walking home from DSO, and he kindly revealed his plans to me, and asked if he could replace Tung and ditch Wb. As I questioned him over msn about how he would break it to Wb, he had reservations about it and thus I could not put my confidence in him to settle this in a win-win manner, or perhaps just the best way. Thus Eugene was rather unsupportive of having him as a toiletmate, and I was beginning to have my doubts to. So knowing that although logically it would be correct for Jk to ditch Wb as they had an agreement, it was morally wrong as Jk had knew in advance that the agreement would not be met. So I constantly tried to hint Raynor over MSN that why not we all do some people favours and give unwanted people a chance to have a roommate. Unfortunately, my obvious hints were not understood by him, or even if they were they were ignored, and Raynor called Tung to confirm whether they were rooming. Then Tung said if he was alright with it he would go with someone else, and Raynor just agreed. So Jk came to join raynor and broke it to Wb that he no longer had a roommate. Since I have been part of the conference, I somehow felt responsible, and if I just left Wb like that, my efforts in even, setting up this conference would be in vain. So I had to press on and desperately help Wb get a roommate. Some people already had a roommate, and Toan was the only one who didn't. I didn't have high hopes about it, as he previously mentioned that he wanted to room with people he knew. However I felt that if there were people that he knew who did not have a roommate yet they would have paired long ago, so I accompanied Wb to try to convince him that if he randoms it, he would not only not have the chance to room with someone he knew, and he would instead probably room with someone unbearable to him. So the agreement was closed, and that put a final end to a 5 day conference about roommates.

The End

No comments: