Monday, February 23, 2009

Nice evening at the Esplanade

I am not amazed at how some people serve their rotten service to customers on a platinum platter.

Last Friday, some friends and I went to esplanade to attend a concert called 'beloved places'.

The trip from school to the city felt very squishy, considering it being the peak hour. I suffered some back cramps with me bringing along a violin case and a schoolbag full of magical weight-contributing items. Finally, we reached the esplanade.

Stuff there was really expensive.

I could not bring my violin case in, as the attendant said that it was too bulky

The concert was beautiful at parts, and other's, especially Shostakovich's Symphony no. 1 in F minor, were terribly boring.

Finally, the concert ended, and we proceeded out. I went to collect my violin case. I got it quickly.

And the handle dropped off.

Me: "Eh, excuse me, my handle have dropped off."

Smart actor: "Oh..."

Me: "You know, only after I came to collect it the handle dropped off."

I looked at the fracture lines along the base of the handle. It was not simply just wearing and tearing leading it to dropping off. Such a thing was nearly improbable, considering that I was holding the case vertically up with only one handle on the right supporting its entire weight unbalanced before.

Smart actor: "It was already like that before."

Friend: "No it wasn't."

'Ignorant and Smart' actor: "Er..."*bends down immediately and picks up broken pieces* "Well I believe we can fix it. Here you are - your pieces." *Puts fragments in my hand* "That should do it!" *Smiles at me and act friendly*

Me to my friend, as we walked away: "That was very helpful."

I had some trouble carrying the handleless violin case home. Thinking about it, I am kind of unsure at first whether it was really the attendants who dropped it. However, the more I thought of it, the more frustrated I became. Finally, I could no longer handle it and thus decided to go and fight an argument on the Probability on the Sudden voluntary Development of severe crevices and fractures over a sample time of 2 hours. Unfortunately, they got away just in time.

When I got home, I opened my violin case to check for any furthur damages. Indeed, the string dropped off and the whole violin was severely out of tune. Yes, I was then sure that it was not just as simple as Entropy increase over time.

I am not amazed at their artificial intelligence.

No comments: