Sunday, October 31, 2010

Exams

This is the first time that I have been such a slacker during an examination period. I have not been revising hard and properly. I have not been memorizing my biology terms, doing my chemistry revision exercises and...well other than that I don't have anything else to do.

The driving force behind this...not being driven to do well, is because I have given up hope of getting a 4.5 CAP score for this semester already. English is 6 MCs, and I have not been doing very well for it. I would rather English be 3 MCs spread out over two semesters, and having a lower CAP last semester, than it being all weighed this semester.

Chinese, which is also 3 MCs, is pulling me down too.

And I know I didn't do very well for music either. Music Education Module, really tough one to score. I would prefer doing a music module than doing a music philosophy module. More fun, more grades too.

So altogether its 11MCs of acidic buffers keeping my pH of my overall score in the low range. How can I still be motivated to do well for the rest of my subjects?

Last week, I have read my biology textbook once or twice, understood the terms, but I have never really gone into memorizing anything. It turned out to be quite a good move too, because other than a couple of 'history of evolution' questions that required memory work, the rest were much easier than I thought.

For chinese, I memorized a list of 250 idioms to use. The only problem was, I knew the meanings in chinese, but I am not able to recall the idiom when I want to use it. It's a one way flow, sorry about that.

English exam tomorrow. I really hope I can do well for that. Hope I get a lenient marker. During the holidays I have to go read lots of non-fiction should I want my english to improve.

Chemistry is tomorrow too, and I have not really gone into any practices. I'm more worried for English.

Physics. E and M is so abstract. You know how I am going to revise for that? I'm just going to make a list of all the equations related to the topic. And that's all I'm going to study.

After tomorrow, after the horror of english and chemistry is over, I will start on some integration practices for mathematics. Effectively, once tomorrow is over, it will be such a great stress reliever, like the whole examinations are over.

Sorry for the poor language. Too much is running in my mind right now.

No comments: