Friday, August 29, 2008

Science Centre Again...

Third time, it has at least been my third time going to science centre this year. The school forced us there a couple of days ago for a life science talk. Apparently we were supposed to explore the new genome and viruses exhibits and fill up worksheets we did not have to submit. Those exhibits, they were full of reinforced posters for us to study and interactive computer simulations on a screen which were nothing but posters with animation. So, we can say that the exhibits were just a space-inefficient well-decorated library with reading materials only on walls and pillars.

I was alone, holding a pink worksheet, a white one and a pen without ink. I was walking around without a reason. I did not know what to do.

I tried finding a friend and looked around with him as we copied many answers from other people and found out some answers on our own. Eventually, he disappeared in the crowd with his other friends and once again, I was alone in a sea of familiar faces, so close physically, yet so far apart from them.

Once again, I caught a rode on a wave and as I saw a bunch of my classmates. I followed them, thinking that I would have company. However, not long after, they "kicked" me out- just left without me; I had been the one who had to follow them around. I felt like a grain of sand on the beach - no one cared about my existence.

After a seemingly long time, yet shorter than I had expected the visit to be, the tide went out. Everyone just disappeared, but I did not know where. Walking around were just a few lone or pairs of people. I saw emman and joelle, but not wanting to "extra" I just left them alone. With verbal guidance from someone, I, a grain of sand, just tumbled lethargically back where the ocean of people were, at the concourse.

Now, though I could see my friends, my entire class, I did not seem to care anymore. Their company or if not, seemed to no longer bother me. I just wanted some rest, and in just half an hours time, I have adapted to the isolation I experienced.

I walked to the bus stop. Even with my friend walking beside(behind) me, I felt alone.

No comments: